Photo Workshops coming soon!
Behind the scenes we're planning out a fun once a month, 3 hour photography workshop to learn all the ins and outs of taking better photos with your DSLR or phone camera. Renee will be teaming up with local photographers to provide a hands on lesson in her studio, with fun demos, lighting tricks, and all the basics to take better photos of your active kids, your pets, or whatever you're interested in.
During the class, we'll have drinks and eats to keep your bellies happy, on-site demos, and a perfect mix of photo knowledge to take better photos when out and about and the mood strikes.
The first class will be in late July. More info coming soon.
Feel free to send us a note if you'd like to get on the wait list. Also too, if you have any suggestions on what you'd like to learn in a class like this, we'd love to hear your thoughts!
Classes are $85 and last 3 hours.
email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Private One on One Photo Classes available now
These are designed specifically for those with a DSLR camera. If your one and only camera exists on your phone, we can use my camera during the lesson. And interchangeably we'll talk about taking great photos on your phone as well - as most of us ONLY shoot this way during our everydays.
The lesson takes place at our West Loop studio. Throughout the course, we'll work with your camera (or Renee's) while learning the foundations. Part of the class will be spent inside the studio and if weather permitting, we'll head outside to learn how to shoot with all the variables the outdoors hands us.
Here's what we'll cover:
• All about the F-stop: what it is, what it does, why it's important
• That shutter speed: how it works, why you need it, and why it makes DSLR cameras rock compared to our phone cameras
• Using the F-stop & shutter speed together - to make magic
• Your ISO: how it determines everything
• Lighting and all it's goodness. How to find the (right) angles of light, how to use those angles, how to create your own light
• Once you learn the basics, we'll get into how to trick your camera, and break what you've just learned to make even more magic
• We'll dive into the settings and which ones you always need to pay attention to, and which to completely ignore
• And a lot, lot, lot more. It'll be fun, I promise.
Classes are $250 and last 3 hours. Private classes can include a small group of friends (max 4) and a discount would apply for 2-3 additional people